A lot of people forget about feeling happy. Me Included.
When you feel down, it dominates your life, without you even realizing. Sometimes you need to feel happy and … you don’t quite know how to go about it. You can be cheered up of course… but feeling … genuinely happy in life isn’t something that comes over night. Keeping yourself happy, is easier than it sounds. It isn’t a matter of buying everything you want, or having the perfect boyfriend or girlfriend, it might be nothing to do with success or your career. You just need to have the right policies.
- Accept who you are – realize that you have just as many good qualities as you do bad ones
- Someone once told me to “count my blessings” – do this as often as you can, and you’ll realize how lucky you really are…
- For the love of God, DO NOT SHUT PEOPLE OUT. The minute you start doing this you’re going to fall down. People are put in your life for a reason and if you push them away, you’re letting yourself down.
- Don’t be afraid to cry. You need to cleanse yourself of things that are haunting you – or they’ll just build up. Release.
- Envy doesn’t help. If someone has done something well – rejoice with them, don’t feel bitter about it. You’ll probably find, by celebrating you’ll have a great time and feel like a better person for it. Good things come to those who wait and it will be a matter of time before one happens to you 🙂
- Keep your friends close. So close. You need them and they need you – friends are where its at!
- Forgive me. Well, not me. Forgive yourself for things you regret… other people forget about things far quicker than you do, if you forgive yourself so will the world.
- Accept compliments, don’t accept insults. Psychologically we hold on to the bad things and forget the good things. It takes 5 compliments to make up for one insult. Try to change that statistic?
- Don’t do what I know I do. You see someone and immediately think “Urgh. I don’t like her/him” – Admit it. We all do it. Try seeing that stranger as a friend and want to get to know them, making a new friend will leave you feeling fuzzy and warm inside all day 😀
- Motivational Music baby. Think of songs and how they work with you (not unhappy songs) If you feel low down in the hierarchy, listen to R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Get a little respect 😉
- Over do it. We all know how much fun over doing it can be. Have fun for Pete’s sake if not your own. Its important.
- Laugh! If you find something funny, just go for it. You’ll be surprised how much better you feel.
- Don’t deny it when people say you’re beautiful, or funny, or clever. Accept it, thank them and think “Hey, they’re saying that for a reason, if they didn’t think you actually were what they said you are, then they wouldn’t say anything at all?” And we all know how annoying those people can get anyway, the “n’owww I’m not pretty, I’m fat” – uhh you’re blatantly not and you know it. God they’re annoying.
There you have. 13 simple rules to keep happy.
Just promise me, promise the world, promise the man next to you, promise Keith…
That you… will be… Happy
P.s. I’m not saying don’t get upset. You have the right to. I’m just saying, live life to the full – and the only to do that is to live it happily. 🙂
I love you all.